I was checking my stats today to discover that I had been tagged. Twice. Now I am a bit ignorant of such things and had to look up what a meme is and what I am supposed to do with it. A meme (according to the trusty wiki) is a unit of cultural information that is “transferable from one mind to another”. Memes must therefore thrive in a blogging environment. I have been tagged with the “six weird things about me” meme. So here goes.
1. As a teenager I loved to sit and read the dictionary. I took particular delight in finding obscure words, using them in my essay when a simpler word would do, and arguing with my english teacher about the word’s legitimate place in the english language. I have been known to bring out the dictionary with a triumphant flourish.
2. I am a Battlestar Galactica addict. I was listening to a christian DVD today talking about the hebrew word/name adama, and all I could think about was the Galactica’s revered leader.
3. I am a geek. I like to play around with my operating system, and have not used Windows as a primary OS (still dual boot of course) for about four years. My distro of choice? Kubuntu.
4. I have been obsessed with the Dune series – I have read every one of them, and even suffered through the movie with a rather weird performance from David Bowie.
5. I love the dark, walking at night (not much opportunity for that now) and love nothing more to run as hard as I can on a full moon night accross fresh grass or in the sand.
6. Like Will, I have a photographic memory for some things. When preparing for an exam I use different colours to highlight headings etc, and in the exam I recall the colours, layout, and lastly the notes in each section. I also remember phone numbers. I still remember a friend’s phone number from grade six primary school (and that was a long time ago ;-).
So now I am supposed to tag six people, and can tag back people who tagged me…
Hmmm, that is going to have to do as I can’t think of six people just now….